Thursday, March 26, 2009

Color Me Anything but THAT!!


At 365 cards today we were asked to make a card using a color that we don't use very often. Well, yellow is my color. I'm not sure why. I love bananas, the sun, corn, but I don't like scrapping with yellow. Well, I did it. I used a vellum sentiment and held it down with a chipboard piece from Basic Grey. I added a couple of little pearls to hold down the other end. Maybe muting the yellow with the vellum helped how I looked at it. I kept this card simple because of the sentiment. So, maybe yellow isn't so bad after all. This is why I love 365 Cards. They really challenge you every day to something new and different. Thanks for stopping by and click on my title and go check out 365 Cards today!

11 comments:

Karen Lee said...

This is a really cute card....even if it is yellow!!

Chrissy C said...

Great card girly! I think you pulled off the yellow perfectly! I have a hard time with yellow too. Keep rocking those challenges. I've fallen way behind because of my few bigger projects..still visit everyday!

Pam said...

You did a beautiful job with the yellow, Diana!

~amy~ said...

Great yellow card...it is a color that I don't use very much either...

Maz said...

Thats a beautiful card, love the sentiment.
I dont use yellow much either but it was definately Purple for me
Maz

Anonymous said...

Your yellow is quite mellow! Came out great!!!

Janice said...

Great card! And I love your bow, how'd you do that?

Amanda Mac said...

I'm with you - yellow is NOT my thing. This is a great card, though!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

This card is so sweet and I love the DP you used as well as the sentiment. Great job!

Debbie Stelton

Enfys said...

This is so elegant, I love that muted yellow.
hugs
enfys

Velta said...

Love the colors on this one...perfect :)