Saturday, March 28, 2009

2 Challenges...




I missed yesterday's 365 Cards challenge, so I'm playing catchup today. Yesterday's challenge was "Touchy Feely Friday". We were asked to use 3 kinds of texture on our cards. I've used some crimped craft paper for my background (1); I ran some metal thru my Cuttlebug for a textured plate (2); and I've added twine and some buttons (3,4). So, I got it done with one extra texture. (oh - I also sanded the crimped paper to add a little more texture). I love cards and LO's with texture, so I really liked this challenge. I think this would make a good "male" card.
I'm also using this for Recipe #41 at Sketches by Tamara. I think it fits the 3 items of this recipe: (1) a male card, (2) metal (3) Grungy!



Next up is today's challenge at 365 Cards - "Scraplift Yourself". We were asked to create a card based on a scrapbook layout that we've done. Well, I've been working on a book for a friend so I've used an LO from that book for this challenge. The little girl is Morgan and she is too cute! I've used a couple of pp's on my card and some chipboard letters. I sanded the letters to add a little texture. I think it's a good match to the LO. What do you think? Here is the layout:






And here is the card:




Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

Maz said...

Wow I love all the texture on your card, I have to get some of that metal to have a go with that.
Your layout is gorgeous and so is your card.
Thanks for all the really kind comments that you take the time to leave me on my blog, I really appreciate you taking the time
Maz

Steph Jacobson said...

Both your layout and card are beautiful--a great scraplift! Your textured card is great, too. I love the metal. I think textured cards make good masculine cards.

Karen Lee said...

I love that metal tag!! Awesome job scraplifting yourself!! Such and sweet layout and card!

Vicky said...

Diana - these are both super!! Love the metal tag - very cool!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Great job with catching up I love all the textures on yesterday's challenge card. Todays challenge card is very pretty.

Debbie Stelton

Kristie Larsen said...

These are both adorable! I love the crimped texture and those buttons (and seriously great metal tag) And i love the colors of your LOVE card! Great layout!

Ginny said...

both cool cards but my fave is the second one..LOVE the LO too :)

~Tammy~ said...

great job with todays challenge. I love those BG Chipboard letters on your layout! Thanks for playing

Unknown said...

I love your scrplifted card! Both are awesome but that one is my fav! Great work!

Chrissy C said...

Oh my word that rustic card is unbelievable!!!! I love every single thing about it! I have such a hard time using those little embossed stamps. I always pull them out and put them back. I'm going to have to lift your idea!

Oh, and I've been wanting to tell you, you are way to sweet to me. Thanks so much for always leaving me comments! It really means alot! And when I have my "surfing" time at night your blog is always one of the first places I go!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Velta said...

This is fantastic...I love your background texture and the way you sanded it...the layout card is too cute...especially with that adorable baby :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a spectacular array of awesome projects. Love all the texture and your wonderful use of metal. Fantastic!

~amy~ said...

FABulous job on both challenges!!! Love the touchy feely one..the colors are perfect and wow on your scraplift one!

Taffy said...

love them! You're doing an AUsome job!! Keep it up!