Friday, June 26, 2009

"I've Been Framed" and CP#20


Well, I needed a last minute birthday card for a VERY special person and today's 365Cards and Card Patterns challenges fit the bill. Day #118 at 365 Cards is "I've Been Framed". You must use a frame on your card. The Card Patterns sketch lent me the opportunity to use scallops, so I used a scallop frame cut from Mini Monograms (Cricut). The papers were part of a pack that I won in some blog candy and I'm not sure who the mfg is, but I LOVE this paper!! The owl and branch were cut from the same paper. I added some cute pompom trim and a little bling for the owl eyes. The sentiment is computer generated. Guess who it's for? Thanks for stopping by today!


15 comments:

Janice said...

Beautiful, Diana.... as usual, lovin' that owl

Eating Cheetos said...

I'm finally catching up on all the blogs I've been away from during the move!

I adore this card, Diana! It's SOOOO cute!! That owl is precious!! Ahh...it's nice to be back and see all your wonderful creations. They truly make my day!!

~amy~ said...

woot woot!!! LOVE this Diana...it's the Friendly Forest line....soooooo stinkin' cute...you know me, love the pom poms!!

Ann said...

Oh my word, this is TOO stinkin' ca-ute!!!!

yyam said...

This is so cute Diana! I love the owl and all the swirls! :)

Anonymous said...

How darn cute! Love the dimension!

Chrissy C said...

So darling! She will LOVE it!

Susan said...

love the pom-pom trim, love the colors and love the way this card is framed in!

liszha said...

Wow, this one is so beautiful. And I just love the ribbon you used on the right hand side.
Lovely card. Abfab.

Wendy and Chris said...

It's for ME!

whoistracy said...

Oh this is adorable!!! I love that little owl on the swirly branch. Such a cute idea!

Donna Gooch said...

I'm so very proud of you, honey. You are very special and make everyone around you smile with your beautiful and creative cards. It's so wonderful to have a hobby that everyone around you can enjoy, too. I love you! Mom

Tracey Taylor said...

this is just adorable. Want to hear something funny...I started my card for this same sketch using the same pp. For some reason I couldnt' make it work so I switched!! LOL I LOVE what you did here (much better than what I was doing with it!).

Loz said...

Congrats on making the top 5, I can see why!! Great card.

Linda said...

Congrats on the top 5 Diana....it is certainly a top card...love the swirly branch:-)