Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day #99 - Super Sketchy Sunday



Almost 100 days of 365Cards.....can you believe it?! I've missed quite a few lately, but I always come back because the challenges and all the crafters that participate are just 100% 'ausome'! So, today Pam gave us a cool sketch. When I looked at this I thought of a pennant. So, I sorta made one for an "all star Dad". I flipped the sketch and cut some colored stars from paper by My Mind's Eye. I added a strip pf the paper on the end and cut into it to make a frayed edge. I saw someone else do that (maybe it was Kristie?) and I loved it. I also used my Scor-It and scored some lines in the top right corner. OOPS!!! I just realized that I was supposed to use a dragonfly on my card today in honor of the incredible Jeannie!! OK, so I will make another card and include a dragonfly. So, thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out all the DT loveliness at 365 Cards today!

17 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Diana, great card love the colors.

Susan said...

this is a great sketch turned as a pennant! Rah, rah, great spirit!

Wendy and Chris said...

You are so creative! I love it!

Rose said...

AWESOME!!! and FUN!!! :D

Chrissy C said...

To cute as always!

Eating Cheetos said...

This is a GREAT card! I love the stars...very cute, fun touch!

And by the way...your new gazebo is AMAZING! What a wonderful way to enjoy the summer!!

Miss you girl...

Karen Lee said...

What a great Father's Day card!! I love those stars....I used them on a scrap page not too long ago!

hugs, Karen Lee

Ann said...

AUsome card! I love it!

Pam said...

Love, love, love the pennant, Diana - and I'm glad you always come back ;)

~amy~ said...

FABulous job on the sketch Diana!!!

Maz said...

Great to see you back with us Diana, I have missed seeing your creations for 365 cards.
This is another one of your inspirational cards, I love the colours and the stars, great take on the sketch
Maz

Made by Mandy said...

What z great way of using the sketch

Kristen H said...

what a cool card. I love what you did with the edge! You are so AUsome!!!

xxx

marley said...

this card is great! very cool!

Enfys said...

Great take on the sketch Diana, really creative and it turned out just super.
luv
En xx

Kristie Larsen said...

oh yes Diana, this is absolutely perfect!! I love it! And, i guess I haven't been around much cause I was totally caught off guard by your new blog banner. I thought I was in the wrong place AND i thought it was from college. We too had those colors and i think we were cats of some sort. Oh how embarrassing that I actually don't know. Anyway. enough rambling about me. Your card rocks and it is definitely one of my favorites for the day! Great job!

Shari said...

lOVE THIS CARD! AWESOME JOB!