Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 66 - You are there; I am here

Pam really challenged us today at 365 Cards. We were to use the sentiment.."You are there and I am here". Well, my BFF said to make it for her to send to her son who is away at school. So, that's exactly what I did! However, when we discussed it at work, we had it saying "I am here and you are there" and then she came up with the inside words. Well, me and my old self did it just the opposite (by mistake of course), so I had to come up with the inside. Well, I know how much she loves her son, so I think my words on the inside will be just fine with her. I used some yummy patterned paper by "My Little Shoebox". The arrows were cut from Graphically Speaking (Cricut). The lettering on the front are rub-ons and I had to do each letter separately (tedious). The little heart and cloud on the inside is a punch out on a sheet by Fancy Pants. So, thanks for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Ann said...

This card is just too good! Perfect job on the challenge! ;)

Jeannie said...

Very cute!! Since you asked - send me your address, and my card is yours!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Jeannie said...

I'm serious....email me your address!!

Rose said...

what a perfect card for her to send him and for today's challenge also!! :D

Chrissy C said...

Adorable! I would have never come up with that!

~amy~ said...

wooo hoooo Diana...you absolutely nailed this challenge...perfect-o!

Kim said...

Luv it!

Maz said...

This is lovely Diana, great way to complete this challenge and I am sure your BF son will treasure it
Maz

nat said...

lovely card !

Fi said...

Fantastic card Diana, love the house paper, I am sure the receiver will love it. Just perfect for the challenge.
Hugs
Fi

Carol said...

Great message! I really like the way you finished the challenge title with the rhyme on the inside of the card. That is so neat!

Have a happy, scrappy day:)

Bex said...

That is superb! I love how all of these ones have come out different, excellent take on what I think was a very hard challenge!

Made by Mandy said...

Aww, that's lovely and perfect for a Mom missing her son.

Bamabel said...

You have been up to some awesome stuff gf! I just love coming to look at your beautiful blog!!! Keep it up!

Hugs,
A

~Tammy~ said...

Fabulous card!!! I love everything about it! Thanks for playin

Vicky said...

this is such a fantastic card! i love that paper and the sentiment inside is just perfect :)