Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Imagine This................"Water"


Well, today starts a new month at 365 Cards. Today's challenge is to use water as the basis of your card. Well, since I just purchased the new Cricut cartridge "Life is a Beach", I had the perfect die cuts for this one. First, I used a white card base and added chalking to represent my sun and sky. Then, I added some papers to represent the sand and water. The chair, umbrella and seagulls were cut from the cartridge. I added some very fine glitter to the seagulls. This will most likely be a birthday card, telling the recipient to relax and enjoy the day. I wanted to keep it simple so it gives the feeling of relaxation. Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Jana said...

Pretty card. It just doesn't get any more perfect than having a challenge "Made" for you.

Fi said...

Great card - love the layout. It makes you want to go and relax at the beach.
Hugs
Fi

Pam said...

Uh-oh, yet another cartridge I'll be yearning for - lol! Diana, this so soft and pretty - it definitely makes me think of relaxing by the ocean :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

What a perfect card for this challenge great job.

Debbie Stelton

~amy~ said...

Love this...gotta love the beach!

Vicky said...

Great card, Diana!! I feel like I need a nice cold fruity drink with a paper umbrella right now! :)

Kristie Larsen said...

oh I love this! What a great feeling this gives. Love the sea gulls too. Nice work!

Karen Lee said...

I love this beach scene!!! Great job!

Chrissy C said...

This is great! You can almost smell the ocean air!

Ann said...

I just love the scene you created here! So cool!