Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Merrill!!


So, this past Wednesday was my niece, Merrill's, birthday. She turned 1 year old!! Yes, she and Maggie were born just 6 days apart. I know they will be the bestest friends as they grow up. So anyway, tomorrow is Merrill's big birthday party. I'm so excited!! I got her lots of goodies and I can't wait to spend the day with her. This picture was taken a couple of weekends ago at Maggie's birthday party and I just love it! (Click on it to get a closer look).
THOSE EYES!!!! Oh my gosh, they are beautiful!
So, this is the birthday card I made for her. I decided to make it based on the challenge over at Bitten by the Bug. I'm using the letter B from Alphalicous. I cut it at 4 inches (short stack) and then did the shadow also. I cut the dragonfly from Doodlecharms cut at 2 1/2". I cut it out in pink and then in vellum. I decorated the vellum with some stickles and beads and layered it on top of the pink. (The glue is hidden in the center under the beads so you don't see it - shh!). The pp is My Mind's Eye, "Sweetness". (Well, of course I HAD to use this on Merrill's card!). Be sure to check out all the DT creations over at BBTB, as they are just so AUsome!! (Link is on the right side of my blog). So, TFL and Happy Birthday, Merrill. I love you very, very much!!















4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

such a sweet card..thanks for playing along

Chrissy C said...

WOW i discovered your blog through Bitten By the Bug. You should have been participating long ago. Absolutly fabulous work. I'm going to be a follower for sure. Look forward to all you future creations and those babies are adorable!!!!

Thanks for sharing...
ChrissyC

Unknown said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! I replied to your comment on that same post on my blog, let me know if you still have questions. Your cards are gorgeous, thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!

Angela Albano Marino Photography said...

I love the pics from the party! It was a blast to say the least :0) And I love this blog... can't wait to follow up with it and catch up with what is going in! Great job! You rock girl :0) Mucl love to you and see you in 10 days! Wedding bells are a ringing..................... ding a ding dinging..............