Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Limelight Task 10


So, our Limelight design team has a project that we do each month and the project for August is "Cards for Soldiers". We were asked to create 20 cards for our soldiers for them to send back home to family and friends. I can't tell you what a privilege it was to make these cards. I don't know of a more deserving group of people to create cards for. These men and women keep us safe and free 24/7. So, we did have a couple of "rules" with our cards. We could not use any kind of glitter, including Stickles (oh no!). Also, we couldn't use any heavy embellishments because of restraints on the amount of postage the soldiers can use. So, I just made a variety of cards including birthdays for kids and adults, anniversary, love you, miss you and several with no sentiment for an all occasion card. I do hope that these are helpful to the soldiers and that the family members that receive these cards will smile. Now, I've only shown you a snipet of the cards I've made. Now, I will direct you to the Limelight site so that you can see the other cards I've done AND check out the FABULOUS creations done by the other DT members for this same task. There has been much love and devotion put into each card and I really want you to go see the others. Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless each of you and God Bless America!

2 comments:

Amanda Mac said...

Isn't that the coolest thing? We did a bunch of cards at church for the soldiers. I LOVE that we can give back in that small way.

Your cards look great! I am sure they will be greatly appreciated. :)

Rose said...

how awesome to send to soldiers!! great job on all the cards :)